Spinach Mushroom Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast
A weeknight favourite! Delicious, easy, and nutritious!
As always, we look to keep the recipe nice and simple:
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup of uncooked mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups of loosely packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese
- Minced Garlic
- Kosher Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Preheat oven to 420F
- Saute mushrooms with some butter in a pan over medium heat. Season with salt and pepper. Add minced garlic after 5 minutes.
- Once mushrooms are sauteed, add spinach and drizzle olive oil on top
- As spinach cooks and shrinks, add feta cheese to the pan. Stir everything around so the feta melts and mixture comes together
- Slice chicken breasts through the middle (not all the way)
- Stuff chicken with spinach/mushroom/feta mixture
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika
- Sear top of chicken breast on hot cast-iron pan for 2 minutes. Flip chicken and put in oven for 20-25 minutes depending on size (use meat thermometer to check chicken)
- Serve with your choice of sides and enjoy!